Sun, Feb 09|
From Motherhood to Menopause Event
Following the success of Paulette's last workshop “Pelvic Floor, Core and so MUCH more”, NW8 MUMS convinced her to host a workshop with a menopause focus, so local wome can be prepared for the changes their bodies will experience & ensure they have strategies in place to...
Time & Location
Feb 09, 2020, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Kailash Centre, 7 Newcourt St, St John's Wood, London NW8 7AA, UK
Through theory, discussion and gentle movement, you will learn...
- That perimenopausal symptoms can start at 35 years of age (so this workshop is for you, whether your youngest is six months, six years or sixteen!)
- Pelvic floor anatomy and exercises to strengthen muscles CORRECTLY
- That incontinence doesn’t always mean your muscles are too loose
- How to incorporate pelvic floor strengthening into daily movements
- Effect of hormone changes on your pelvic floor
- The consequence of constipation
- How pelvic floor trauma during birth many years ago can become relevant at menopause
- Prolapse prevention…using breath and movement
- Why to limit alcohol intake
- Why you really need to manage stress
- Why movement is non-negotiable
- £65 for non-members
- Everyone who attends will get an eco-friendly goodie bag with treats from local shops.