Sat, Jul 17|
Family Dance Day
Join us for a FREE day of pop-up performances, creative workshops, storytelling, games & more, especially for children and their grown-ups.
Time & Location
Jul 17, 2021, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM
London, 93 Guilford St, London WC1N 1DN, UK
Family Dance Day presents entertaining dance performances, creative workshops and unexpected surprises programmed for children (aged 0-8 years) and their grown-ups. Coram’s Fields (93 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1DN) is a children’s charity in Camden. Over seven acres, you'll find a park, playgrounds, wildlife garden, a café, sports pitches, baby changing facilities and toilets. Please note: Adults can only enter Coram’s Fields if accompanied by a child. Visit coramsfields.org to find out more.
Important: We will adhere to all government guidelines appropriate at the time. Please note that the event is not ticketed and is free entry but numbers in the area at any one time will be regulated on the day.Events
- Drag Queen Story Time - ShayShay Join the fabulous ShayShay for interactive storytelling! Watch, listen, and join in the action as they read their favourite children’s stories all about defying gender stereotypes. ShayShay (they/them) is a half-Irish half-Japanese non-binary nightlife producer, drag artist, writer, director and a founder of the Pan-Asian cabaret collective ‘The Bitten Peach’ working in theatre and queer cabaret. ShayShay has produced programming for children and families with Hackney City Council, Fringe Queer Film & Arts Fest, The Place, National Maritime Museum, and Southbank Centre, where they were commissioned to create Quest for the Treasure Chest (2020).
- PLI - Viktor Černický PLI is an unpredictable and playful show that sees one performer turn 22 chairs into incredible pieces of architecture. Through patience, determination and creative construction, ordinary objects suddenly become extraordinary! "Such incredibly powerful is this childlish world with its simplicity, craziness and fears." - Dance Zone on PLI Viktor Černický is a Czech Republic-based performance maker.
- the album: skool edition - SAY Dancers Sarah Golding and Yukiko Masui celebrate the joy and innocence of making up dances to popular music. Working with music artists, they have combined dynamic contemporary styles to create a slick and playful performance. This performance is sure to delight and inspire young audiences to get creative with movement themselves!
- Creature Comforts - Feet Off The Ground Flynn feels at home on her phone, in fact, so does everyone around her... but when a mysterious four-legged creature appears, she leaves behind her creature comforts and enters a world full of technicolour, fun and magic! Feet off the Ground celebrate the power of play, friendship and imagination in this family-friendly outdoor show. Feet Off The Ground is a female-led contemporary dance collective who are passionate about the role of dance, creativity and expression in education and young people's lives.
- Sundials Creative Movement Workshop A creative movement workshop where you’ll get to create your own sundial artwork using some chalk, your shadow and your moves! This workshop is for a small person and their larger person as one will create the moves whilst the other draws round their shadow!
- Desert Island Dance - Interactive Playground Choose your journey! What will you take with you to your dream desert island?! Hop between palm tree to parrot, and wiggle between sun cream to a sun lounger on this interactive playground designed by illustrator extraordinaire Lizzie King.
Times: 11am-4.30pm Venue: at The Place