Sat, Apr 29|
Regent's Park Nature Day
Go wild for nature at the Regent’s Park Nature Day, as part of City Nature Challenge 2023. FREE drop-in activities and guided walks for adults and families from 11am – 3pm at the Broad Walk Café.
Time & Location
Apr 29, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
London, Regent's Park, London NW1, UK
What to expect?
- Adults and families can discover the hidden parts of The Regent’s Park on a guided walk and learn about the wildlife that calls the park home.
- Adults and families can join our expert-led bug-hunting to try and find as many species of insect as we can and submit the records to science (bug-nets are provided).
- Children can listen to immersive storytelling about the park’s wildlife.
- Adults and families can learn how to identify common wildlife in the park.
- Adults and families can have a go at fun games and activities led by partners from Natural History Museum, The Field Studies Council, The Conservation Volunteers, Zoological Society of London (ZSL), London National Park City, London Wildlife Trust and Butterfly Conservation.
What is City Nature Challenge?
City Nature Challenge is an annual four-day global 'bioblitz' nature hunt, to assist in recording and protecting wildlife in urban areas. Every year, cities all over the world take part in friendly and fun competition to see who can gather the most observations of nature and find the most species.
How to take part in City Nature Challenge?
Whilst it is not essential for the event, we encourage you to bring a smartphone with the FREE iNaturalist app downloaded. Then attend the Regent’s Park Nature Day event and take photos of any wildlife you see on the day, and submit it on the app. More information can be found here.
This event is supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery and will be joined by the following partners:
Zoological Society of London (ZSL)
The Friends of Regent’s Park & Primrose Hill
FAQ: Q: Do I need to book a space? A: No, booking is not possible. The event is free, just drop by.
Q: Where are the nearest toilets? A: There are toilets a 5 minute walk away.
Q: How long are the guided walks A: Guided walks will last approximately 45 minutes and leave from the gazebos outside the Broad Walk Café. There will be a range of different walks suitable for both adults and families. A schedule of guided walks and their topics will be released nearer the event.
For any other questions please contact Connor via email: email@example.com